The use of email in companies is something that has changed the way we communicate. It is cheap, fast, you can send it to several people, attach files … Cyber criminals detected an increase in this use a few years ago and soon created different types of infractions on the network to obtain benefits. For this reason, we must be careful with our use of email, since computer crimes have experienced a growing trend in recent years around the world. To verify email addresses & eliminate email bounce rate all you have to do is to use a email finder for the best outcome
Do you use your email safely? To avoid being exposed to these cyberattacks, we share these tips for using your email safely:
- If you do n’t know the origin of an email and you get several emails a day, take it to the SPAM folder.
- Disables automatic image upload.
- Watch out for attachments! If you do not know the origin of the sender try not to open them and less when they have the .exe extension
- Clear the history , the cache of your browser periodically and avoid checking the option to save passwords.
- Use different passwords for the email accounts you have access to, and change the passwords frequently (4-6 months).
- Do not open emails with offers, gifts or false promotions of the type: “You have had a trip to New York with all expenses paid.”
- Hover over the links in the email before opening them, so you can check if the URL is correct.
- The Phising technique is a very common practice among cybercriminals that affects more and more companies. This crimeware (cybercrime for tax purposes) consists of impersonating the identity to obtain an economic benefit. Avoid giving your personal, bank or password information through emails.
- Be sure to sign out of the mail every time you finish working.
- Beware of public wifi networks (usually without password). You are exposed to someone capturing information from all your personal data or observing your email.
- Use the BCC or CCO blind copy when sending emails to multiple people, this way your emails will be hidden from others.
- Use an encrypted email solution to control all of your confidential information.
- Do not publish your email on websites, forums, social networks or spaces where content is shared, since these have become the main action scenarios for mass spamming.
- Keep your programs and operating system updated. Security updates are often included in updates. With your updated software you will close possible entry points that are already known.
- On the other hand, it is also important to carry out a period of user training and education regarding Internet security, since everyone is trained to send an email, but not everyone knows how to protect themselves from threats. unwanted that are present in the network.
Top email attacks and security tips
The security protocols applied in email solutions are not always the same. At Tecon, we work with the professional Microsoft Exchange solution (it is at the core of Office 365 ). In addition to a 50 Giga inbox and the ability to send messages of up to 150 megabytes, it offers more security than other solutions and many other extra features. This allows access to a 50-gigabyte inbox and the possibility of sending messages of up to 150 megabytes, but above all it stands out for offering more security than other mail solutions (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), in addition to a large number of extra functionalities.
Also Read : TOP THREE NEW IPHONE MODELS 2020