Computer and information technologies in the United States take the third place among the specialties most demanded by young people. The desire of students from other countries to pursue higher education in America in undergraduate and graduate programs in this area is due to several reasons. These include:
- wide range of specializations
- decent level of earnings in the future
- high demand among employers for graduates of these universities, before which the doors of many enterprises from various industries are open.
So, if you plan to realize your ambitions and build a career in this direction, you must first decide on the future field of activity. The most popular of them:
- Software & Network (software and network software)
- Computer Game Development (development of computer games)
- Computer Graphics (computer graphics)
- Web Development (web development)
- Computer Systems (computer systems).
At its core, the study of programming in the United States involves the development of methods and processes for collecting, storing, transmitting, analyzing and evaluating information using computer technology, which allows the use of large amounts of data in order to perform subsequent operations.
WHAT SUBJECTS DO YOU STUDY IN COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN USA?
The complexity of the choice of disciplines in this direction is due to the fact that their diversity is huge. In order to determine the training program, one should clearly imagine what kind of specialization the young man intends to receive as a result. The ultimate goal will help put the right emphasis: which subjects should be paid close attention to when studying programming in America, and which disciplines should be taken for the purpose of general familiarization in order to get a more complete picture of the subject. The following are some areas of specialization that can be obtained at the faculties of computer and information technology in US universities:
- Software Development – Software Development.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Graphics – Computer Graphics.
- Web Development – Web Development.
- Computer Architecture – Computer Architecture Networks.
- Computer Engineering – Computer Engineering.
- Computational Physics – Computational Physics.
- Computer game development – Computer Game Development.
- Robotics – Robotics.
- Microprogramming – Microprogramming.
- Mobile Development – Mobile Development.
- Computer programming – Computer Programming.
- Data Management – Data Management.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Database Design – Design Databases.
- Cryptography – Cryptography.
- Modeling – Simulation And Modeling.
- Operating Systems – Operating Systems.
- Networks and Administration – Networks And Administration.
- Software Systems – Software Systems.
Universities in the United States are considered the best place among other higher education institutions abroad, where you can get a specialization in IT technologies, for the following reasons:
- large selection of training programs
- excellent level of teaching
- full technical equipment of colleges and universities
- the opportunity to combine study and work on the campus of the university
- the likelihood of being successfully employed after graduation. Computer technology is included in the category of STEM disciplines, which allows students to students from Moscow or other Russian cities to stay in the country for up to 36 months.
When choosing a specialization, it is recommended to consider 2 important factors:
- demand for this specialty;
- the opportunity to advance through the ranks.
When choosing an educational institution, it is recommended to pay attention to:
- college or university ranking
- demand for his graduates among employers
- what the university and its structural divisions specialize in.
To become a bachelor in information technology, students usually study for 4 years.
WHERE CAN I GET AN IT SPECIALTY IN THE USA?
- COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
- City College of New York.
- Northeastern University.
- Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi.
- University of California Irvine
- WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
- Oregon state university
- Marshal university
- Saint Louis University
- University of south florida
- New hampshire university
For foreigners, in addition to IT-education, universities provide various courses in the English language.
AVERAGE EARNINGS IN THE COMPUTER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Web Developer – $ 58,000.
- Computer Systems Analyst – $ 68,300.
- Programmer Analyst – $ 74,800
- Software Developer – $ 80,500
- Database Administrator (DBA) – $ 85,100.
- Systems Developer – $ 93,800
- Senior Software Engineer – $ 98,000.
- Software Development Manager – $ 115,000.
- Software Architect – $ 116,000.
SCOPES OF IT EDUCATION in USA:
IT education in America includes a wide range of different specializations and facets of training, thanks to which you can acquire the skills necessary for almost any area of the modern society. Many branches of knowledge that have incorporated the concept of “information technology” are independent, full-fledged disciplines. Among them, several main directions can be distinguished:
- theory of computer technology
- hardware systems;
- software systems and scientific computing.
To get a diploma in IT education in the USA, you need to choose several disciplines for study, a list of which is formed by the student independently.